How to Make Homemade Eggnog
Eggnog is our favorite drink during the holiday season! Eggnog was created in Britain and came over to The United States in the 1700s where it became associated with the holiday celebrations. Now, hundreds of different variations of eggnog exist. Here is our favorite!
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Amaretto
- Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- In a bowl, Wisk together 6 egg yolks and 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Over heat, mix 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 cups of whole milk, a teaspoon of nutmeg, and 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Bring it to a slow simmer.
- Slowly spoon your hot mixture into the egg mixture off of the heat.
- When it is all mixed in, add 1/4 cup of amaretto.
- Put your eggnog into the fridge.
- Pour in your favorite festive glass and add nutmeg or cinnamon.